Metz Manta Marine VHF Antenna (aerial) 34″ (0.87m) whip. Suitable for both radio and AIS applications – 156 to 163 Mhz
Includes stainless steel L- bracket
Select the appropriate cable in the Cable, Connectors and Adapters section.
Get the best antenna in the world at less than the price of an ordinary one:
- Probably the best VHF antenna (aerial) made.
- Used by the U.S. Coastguard on their Search and Rescue vessels.
- Used by UK Search and Rescue Services.
- Chosen by the Clipper round the world race fleet.
- Lifetime warranty on the antenna coil.
- Stainless steel construction – Body and whip.
- Suitable for rail mount and masthead applications.
- Suitable for radio and AIS applications with equal performance.
Technical Specification Summary:
- SWR is less than 1.2:1
- ½ wavelength (3dBi gain, ideal for mast head applications)
- Frequency range at specification 156 – 163 MHz
- No ground plane needed
- Weighs 8 ounces (225 grams)
This is a very high quality stainless steel marine antenna (aerial). It is ideal for masthead mounting due to low weight, stainless construction and UV resistance. This antenna is also suitable for deck level mounting where it will outperform a typical 54 inch fibreglass antenna (aerial).
The 34 inch (0.87m) 17-7ph stainless steel whip and body are durable, resistant to bird strikes and don’t suffer the rapid degradation that can occur with fibreglass antennas (aerials).
Wind indicator option: The Metz antenna will accept the Davis WindexAV. Alternatively, a stand-off bracket (see Antenna Mounts) takes the whip of the Metz antenna clear of a standard 15″ Windex mounted on the centre-line of the mast.